Natures Healing Herbs
This is a tall, sprawling plant (90 by 45 cm) with aromatic leaves.
Its white or lavender summer flowers are not showy.
Cats find it irresistible and may love it to death.
The catmint leaves make a lovely, aromatic tea.
Description of the herb;
This herb is also known as Nepeta cataria.
And has certain therapeutic properties.
And the reported benefits of using it internally.
In the form of a herbal tea (infusion) are listed below.
It's used for the following;
Nepeta cataria benefits:
• controlling fevers
• pain and headaches
• stimulating appetite
• rheumatism and arthritis
• colds and flu
Which part to use for catmint herbal tea;
The leaves and flowers are used for making the brew.
Making Herbal Tea;
The standard way to make an infusion, unless otherwise specified.
Is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused.
Let it stand for 5 minutes, strain it, and drink it.
* Fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh plant material to be used.
A 1/4 cup fresh material is used, following the method above.
* Dried material
* When the recipe refers to using dried material.
Use 2 teaspoons of material when making it.
* Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used.
Use 2 teaspoons of seeds or 1 tablespoon of bark.
* Sweetening your infusion
* You could sweeten your health drink with honey, should you so desire.
And a dash of fresh lemon juice can also enhance the taste.
General warning when using herbal infusions;
• Only use the herbal material if you are 100% sure that it really the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion.
At most use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of herbal infusion per day.
Except during acute periods, such as when you have a cold or flu.
You can then have it three times a day.
But for a maximum of 4 days.
• When you use herbal remedies.
Be aware that they can be extremely powerful.
And should you have any side effects when taking these infusions.
Immediately stop using the herb.
And consult your health practitioner right away.Tweet
*** Our Featured Adverts ***
~ Get Yours Today! ~