A Description of the Herb;
Herbal remedies using (Achillea millefolium).
Also known as milfoil.
The use of herbal remedies, including this herb, also known as milfoil), classified as Achillea millefolium, are popular as an alternative to standard Western allopathic medicine for a variety of problems, including management of PMS, regulating the menstrual cycle as well as hypertension.
Achillea millefolium is an effective remedy for various ailments, and this natural holistic approach to health is becoming more and more popular, but should NOT replace conventional medicine or prescription drugs.
Yarrow can be used with varying effectiveness for the following;
• reduce fevers
• wound healing
• lowering blood pressure
• regulating the menstrual cycle
• recovery after illness
• hypertension (high blood pressure)
• colds and flu
• cuts and scrapes
• protect against thrombosis
The leaves of the yarrow plant are used for making a wonderful herbal tea.
Making Herbal Tea;
The standard way to make pretty much any infusion, unless otherwise specified, is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused, let it stand for about 5 minutes, then strain it and enjoy.
* If you're using fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh plant material to be used, start with a 1/4 cup fresh material, then follow the method above.
* Dried material
* When the recipe refers to using dried material, use 2 teaspoons of material when making it.
* Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used, use 2 teaspoons of seeds or 1 tablespoon of bark.
* Sweetening your infusion
* You could sweeten your healthy tea with honey, or you could consider adding a splash of fresh lemon juice which will also enhance the taste.
General warning when using herbal infusions:
• Only use the herbal material if you are 100% sure that it really the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion. At maximum use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of herbal infusion per day, except during acute periods - such as when you have a cold or flu, you can then have it three times a day, but for a maximum of 4 days.
• When you use herbal remedies, be aware that they can be extremely powerful, and should you have any side effects when taking these infusions, immediately stop using the herb and consult your health practitioner right away.Tweet
*** Our Featured Adverts ***