Natures, Ailments & Super Natural Remedies
A description of this herb;
It's also known as Myristica fragrans.
And has certain therapeutic properties.
And the reported benefits of using it internally, in the form of a herbal tea (infusion) are listed below.
**** This herb must be used in moderation, as excessive use can have a toxic effect on the body.
And is used for the following;
Myristica fragrans benefits:
• skin problems
• reducing heartburn
• muscle spasm
• increasing appetite
• relieving diarrhea
• in Ayurvedic medicine for premature ejaculation
• and incontinence
• PS: use in moderation as it is very potent and large amounts can be toxic.
Which part to use for nutmeg herbal tea;
But great care must be taken not to use excessively.
As it can cause headaches and can lead to delirium.
Do not use during pregnancy!
Making Herbal Tea;
The standard way to make an infusion, unless otherwise specified.
Is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused.
Let it stand for 5 minutes, strain it, and drink it.
* Fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh plant material to be used.
A 1/4 c. fresh material is used, following the method above.
* Dried material
* When the recipe refers to using dried material.
Use 2 tsp. of material when making it.
* Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used.
2 tsp. of seeds or 1 Tbs. of the bark will work.
* Sweetening your nutmeg infusion
* You can certainly sweeten your health drink with honey.
And if you want, add a dash of fresh lemon juice to enhance the flavor.
General warning when using herbal infusions;
• Only use the herbal material if you are 100% sure that it really the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion.
At maximum use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of herbal infusion per day.
Except during acute periods, such as when you have a cold or flu.
You can then have it three times a day, but for a maximum of 4 days.
• When you use herbal remedies.
Be aware that they can be extremely powerful.
And should you have any side effects when taking these infusions.
Immediately stop using the herb.
And consult your health practitioner right away.Tweet
*** Our Featured Sponsors ***
Living Longer ~ Living Younger
~ Click the Pic ~