Natures Healing Herbs
The use of herbal remedies, including this herb, classified as Cymbopogon Citratus, are popular as an alternative to standard Western allopathic medicine for a variety of problems, including reducing fevers, stomach cramps and flatulence as well as general digestive aid.
This herb is an effective remedy for various ailments, and this natural holistic approach to health is becoming more and more popular, but should NOT replace conventional medicine or prescription drugs.
Lemongrass has certain therapeutic properties and the reported benefits of using it internally, in the form of a herbal tea (infusion) are listed below.
Lemongrass is used for the following;
The reported benefits:
• assists in reducing fevers
• can reduce stomach cramps
• helps with flatulence and colic
• reportedly effective at easing arthritic pain
• can be used as a general digestive aid
*** Note: Especially suited for digestive problems in children.
Which part to use for lemon grass herbal tea;
The leaves are used for making the brew.
Making Herbal Tea;
The standard way to make an infusion, unless otherwise specified, is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused, let it stand for about 5 minutes, strain it, and then drink it.
Fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh plant material to be used, a 1/4 cup would be sufficient, following the method above.
* When the recipe refers to using dried material, use 2 teaspoons of when making it.
Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used, use 2 teaspoons of seeds or 1 tablespoon of the bark.
Sweetening your infusion
* You could sweeten your health drink with honey, if you so desire, and/or a dash of fresh lemon juice may also enhance the taste to your liking.
General warning when using herbal infusions;
• Only use the herbal material if you are 100% sure that it is really the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion.
At maximum use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of herbal infusion per day, except during acute periods, such as when you have a cold or flu, you can then have it three times a day, but for a maximum of 4 days.
• When you use herbal remedies, be aware that they can be extremely powerful, and should you have any side effects when taking these infusions, immediately stop using the herb and consult your health practitioner right away.Tweet
*** Our Featured Sponsors ***
Living Longer ~ Living Younger
~ Click the Pic ~