Cranberries are widely known as a potent source of antioxidants.
And for their unique anti-adhesion activity.
Which helps protect the body from harmful bacteria that cause urinary tract infections.
This unique anti-adhesion activity is primarily due to a natural compound in the fruit called proanthocyanidins (PACs).
Many of these phytonutrients offer antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer health benefits.
Cranberries are a very good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber and manganese.
As well as a good source of vitamin E, vitamin K, copper and pantothenic acid.
This is an awesome salad!!!
Raw spinach provides about 58 micrograms (mcg.) of folate per cup.
Research found that eating 300 or more mcg. daily.
Lowered heart disease risk by 13 percent.
Compared with consuming less than 136 mcg.
And these super berries are jam-packed with compounds that help block cell damage.
In fact, the antioxidant activity is among the highest of any fruit.
Have them fresh, dried, as a juice. or heck why not have 'em in a salad.
Just have 'em!
One small study found that three 8-oz. glass of this juice daily,
Lowered the risk of heart disease by 40 percent.
And, I'm sure you've heard about the benefits of the juice for urinary tract infections.
Spinach Salad with Toasted Walnuts & Berry Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 20 minutes
This is an excellent salad with just the right amount of sweetness.
• 1 pkg. (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves (about 10 c.).
• 2 Tbs. frozen cranberry-raspberry juice concentrate, thawed.
• 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar.
• 2 Tbs. rice wine vinegar.
• 2 tsp. Dijon mustard.
• 2-1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil or for a super natural treat try Macadamia oil.
• 1/3 c. dried, sweetened cranberries.
• 1/4 c. golden raisins.
• 2-1/2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, lightly toasted.
1. Place spinach in large bowl.
2. In small bowl, whisk juice concentrate, balsamic vinegar, rice wine vinegar, and mustard.
Whisk in oil, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Pour dressing over spinach and gently toss to combine.
Add berries, raisins, and walnuts.
Gently toss again.
Makes 6 Servings
2 g. Protein,
18 g. Carbohydrates,
4 g. Fat,
0 g. Saturated Fat,
0 mg. Cholesterol,
1 g. Fiber,
65 mg. Sodium.
An excellent use of two of natures' super foods!Tweet
*** Our Featured Adverts ***