Natures Healing Herbs
Here's a description of the herb;
It's also known as Barosma betulina or round-leaf.
The use of herbal remedies, including this particular herb.
Barosma betulina, classified as Agathosma betulina.
Are popular as an alternative to standard Western allopathic medicine.
For a variety of problems, including kidney and bladder infections. Prostate problems as well as stomach aches.
Agathosma betulina is an effective remedy for various ailments. And this natural holistic approach to health is becoming more and more popular.
But should NOT replace conventional medicine or prescription drugs.
Unless advised by your Doctor.
Buchu has been used for the following;
Agathosma betulina benefits:
• kidney and bladder infections
• prostate problems
• problems with the bladder
• colds and flu
• stomach aches
• fluid retention
• inflammation of the colon
• inflammation of the gums
And, which part to use for buchu herbal tea;
The leaves are used for making the brew.
**** Please Note: Use only 1 teaspoon per cup.
And as stated below, only "steep" the leaves in hot water.
DO NOT boil the leaves.
Making Herbal Tea.The standard way to make an infusion, unless otherwise specified.
Is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused.
Let it stand for 5 minutes, strain it, and drink it.
* Fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh plant material to be used, a 1/4 c. fresh material is used, following the method above. (For buchu tea - only 1 tsp. is used)
* Dried material
* When the recipe refers to using dried material, use 2 teaspoons of material when making it.
* Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used, use 2 tsp. of seeds or 1 Tbs. of bark.
* Sweetening your infusion
* You could sweeten your health drink with organic honey. Should you so desire, a splash of fresh lemon juice may also enhance the taste.
General warning when using herbal infusions;
• Only use the herbal material if you are 100% sure that it is the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion.
At most use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of herbal infusion per day.
Except during acute periods.
Such as when you have a cold or flu, you can then have it three times a day, but for the most 4 days.
• When you use herbal remedies, be aware that they can be extremely powerful.
And should you have any side effects when taking these infusions. Immediately stop using the herb and consult your health practitioner right away.Tweet
*** Our Featured Sponsors ***
Invest in Your Longevity ~ Simply Click the Pic
~ Because You're Worth It! ~