Star-anise, widely used as a spice in Asian cuisine.
This fruit has a licorice-like flavor.
And is a spice in many cooked dishes, where it lends a soft, exotic scent and taste to a meal.
It also has a history as a healing herb, and also has medicinal properties.
Originating in southern China.
It has a black licorice-like flavor.
It's not related to plants native to the Mediterranean basin and Middle East.
Used as a spice and also as a healing herb.
It appears to have medicinal properties that endow it with significant health benefits.
A Description of the Herb;
This herb has certain therapeutic properties.
And the reported benefits of using it in the form of a herbal tea (infusion) are below.
Used for the following ailments;
• colic and heartburn
• restoring equilibrium
• stress and irritation
• tight chest
• breath sweetening
Which part to use for herbal tea.
The seeds are used for making the brew.
Making Herbal Tea.
The standard way to make an infusion, unless otherwise specified. Is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused, let it stand for 5 minutes, strain it, and drink it.
* Fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh plant material, a 1/4 c. fresh anise is used, following the method above.
* Dried material
* When the recipe refers to using dried material, use 2 tsp. of material when making it.
* Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used, use 2 tsp. of seeds or 1 Tbs. of bark.
* Sweetening your infusion
* You could sweeten your health drink with honey, should you so need.
And a dash of fresh lemon juice can also enhance the taste.
General warning when using herbal infusions;
• Only use the herbal material if you are 100% sure that it is the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion.
At most use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of herbal infusion per day.
Except during acute periods.
Such as when you have a cold or flu, you can then have it three times a day, but for at most, 4 days.
• When you use herbal remedies, be aware that they can be extremely powerful.
And should you have any side effects when taking these infusions. Immediately stop using the herb and consult your health practitioner right away.Tweet
*** Our Featured Sponsors ***
Live Longer ~ Live Younger
~ Click the Pic ~