Incredible and delicious!!
It's also quite easy to make.
We used Roma tomatoes, which worked out great as they're (in our humble opinion) the most flavorful.
For the pasta, we used two kinds of fresh packaged ravioli, spinach and ricotta, and gorgonzola and mascarpone, it just sounded like a good combo in the supermarket.
The flavors frankly, were awesome.
The tomatoes had what I would describe as a smoky, caramelized aspect to them which really took this over the top.
This recipe is awesome and it's full of
Play with the ratio of soup broth to the veggies.
Add crushed red pepper instead of cayenne for more depth of flavor if you like.
Use fresh, sweet onions and organic garlic for the best taste.
Makes 4 servings, about 2 c. each
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
* 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 c. frozen bell pepper and onion mix, thawed and diced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/4 tsp. crushed crushed red pepper, or to taste (optional)
* 1 28-oz. can crushed Roma tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
* 1 15-oz. can reduced-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
* 1 1/2 c. hot water
* 1 tsp. dried basil or marjoram
* 1 6 to 9 oz. package fresh or frozen cheese (or meat, whatever you like) ravioli pockets, preferably whole-wheat
* 2 c. diced zucchini, (about 2 medium)
1. Firstly, heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the pepper and onion mix, garlic and crushed red pepper (if using) and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Add in the tomatoes, broth, water and basil (or marjoram); bring to a rolling boil over high heat.
Add your pasta and cook for 3 minutes less than the package directions.
Add zucchini; return to a boil. Cook until the zucchini is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
Season with fresh cracked pepper.
* Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Thin with broth before reheating if desired.
9 g. Fat (3 g. Saturated, 3 g. Mono-unsaturated);
28 mg. Cholesterol,
38 g. Carbohydrates,
11 g. Protein,
8 g. Fiber,
763 mg. Sodium,
762 mg. Potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin-C (60% daily value), Vitamin-A (40% dv), Iron (21% dv), Calcium (16% dv).Tweet
*** Our Featured Adverts ***