Natures Healing Herbs
Description of the Herb;
This herb is also known as Petroselinum crispus, and has certain therapeutic properties and the reported benefits of using it internally, in the form of a herbal tea (infusion), which are listed below.
Eat one tablespoon of chopped flatleaf or curly variety daily.
Chewing this herb neutralizes mouth odors.
And is also used for the following;
• removing excess water from the body
• boosting kidneys
• gout and arthritis
• contracting the uterus after childbirth
• menstrual pain
• period irregularity
Which part to use for the herbal tea;
The leaves (seeds are used for rheumatism and arthritis but tea made from the seeds can cause fetal damage and abortion and must be avoided in pregnancy.) from parsley are used for making the brew.
Making Parsley Herbal Tea;
The standard way to make an infusion, unless otherwise specified, is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused, let it stand for 5 minutes, strain it, and drink it.
* Fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh plant material to be used, a 1/4 cup fresh material is used, following the method above.
* Dried material
* When the recipe refers to using dried material, use 2 teaspoons of material when making it.
* Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used, use 2 teaspoons of seeds or 1 tablespoon of bark.
* Sweetening your infusion
* You could sweeten your health drink with honey, should you so require, and a dash of fresh lemon juice may also enhance the taste.
Growing it: Thrives in a pot in the sun as long as the soil is kept moist.
Feed with organic fertilizer.
General warning when using herbal infusions;
• Only use the herbal material if you are 100% sure that it really the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion. At maximum use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of herbal infusion per day, except during acute periods, such as when you have a cold or flu, you can then have it three times a day, but for a maximum of 4 days.
• When you use herbal remedies, be aware that they can be extremely powerful, and should you have any side effects when taking these infusions, immediately stop using the herb and consult your health practitioner right away.Tweet
*** Our Featured Adverts ***