Goldenrod ~ Healing Herbs
Natures Healing Herbs
The use of herbal remedies, including this herb, classified as Solidago vigaurea, are popular as an alternative to standard Western allopathic medicine for a variety of problems, including hot flushes in menopause, vaginal thrush as well as diarrhea.
Solidago vigaurea is an effective remedy for various ailments, and this natural holistic approach to health is becoming more and more popular, but should NOT replace conventional medicine or prescription drugs.
Goldenrod is used for the following;
Solidago vigaurea benefits:
• hot flushes
• kidney and bladder infections
• urinary tract infections
• vaginal thrush
• nasal catarrh
• whooping cough
• skin diseases treated internally
• chronic mucus
The parts of the plant to use for goldenrod herbal tea;
The leaves and flowers are used for making this herbal brew.
Making Herbal Tea;
The standard way to make an infusion, unless otherwise specified, is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused, let it stand for 5 minutes, strain it, and drink it.
* Fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh plant material to be used, a 1/4 c. fresh material is used, following the method above.
* Dried material
* When the recipe refers to using dried material, use 2 tsp. of material when making it.
* Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used, use 2 tsp. of seeds or 1 Tbs. of bark.
* Sweetening your infusion
* You could sweeten your health drink with organic honey, and if you like, adding a dash of fresh lemon juice will also enhance the taste.
General warning when using herbal infusions;
• Only use the herbal material if you are 100% sure that it really the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion. At maximum use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of herbal infusion per day, except during acute periods, such as when you have a cold or flu, you can then have it three times a day, but for a maximum of 4 days.
• When you use herbal remedies, be aware that they can be extremely powerful, and should you have any side effects when taking these infusions, immediately stop using the herb and consult your health practitioner right away.
Natures Super Store
Healing Herbs ~ Return
*** Our Featured Sponsors ***
Living Longer & Living Younger
~ Simply Click the Pic ~