Natures Healing Herbs
A Brief Description of the Herb and Uses;
Also known as "common".
The use of herbal remedies, including this herb, classified as Sambucus nigra, are popular as an alternative to standard Western allopathic medicine for a variety of problems, including herpes simplex (fever blisters), rheumatic problems as well as to soothe the respiratory tract.
This herb is also known as Sambucus nigra, and has certain therapeutic properties and the reported benefits of using it internally, in the form of a herbal tea (infusion) are listed below.
This super herb is used for the following;
Sambucus nigra benefits:
• herpes simplex (fever blisters)
• reduce fever
• boosts immune system
• soothes respiratory tract
• ear infections
• stimulate circulation
• rheumatic problems
Which part to use for elder herbal tea;
The flowers are used for making the brew.
**** PLEASE NOTE:
• The leaves and branches of this plant are poisonous for internal use.
Making herbal tea;
The standard way to make an infusion, unless otherwise specified, is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused, let it stand for 5 minutes, strain it, and drink it.
* Fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh plant material to be used, a 1/4 cup fresh material is used, following the method above.
* Dried material
* When the recipe refers to using dried material, use 2 teaspoons of material when making it.
* Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used, use 2 teaspoons of seeds or 1 tablespoon of bark.
* Sweetening your elderflower infusion
* You could sweeten your health drink with honey, should you so require, and a dash of fresh lemon juice may also enhance the taste.
General warning when using herbal infusions;
• Only use the herbal elderflower material if you are 100% sure that it really the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion. At maximum use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of herbal infusion per day, except during acute periods - such as when you have a cold or flu, you can then have it three times a day, but for a maximum of 4 days.
• When you use herbal remedies, be aware that they can be extremely powerful, and should you have any side effects when taking these infusions, immediately stop using the herb and consult your health practitioner right away.Tweet
*** Our Featured Sponsors ***
Capture the Thunder & Capture the Power
Living Longer & Living Younger ~ Simply Click the Pic
~ Because You're Worth It! ~