Natures Healing Herbs
By now we've all heard that this herb is good for warding off a cold.
At the tiniest onset, we can take it in large doses.
We swear by it!
But, know that you must get a good quality herb.
So, let's describe the herb;
This herb is an effective remedy for various ailments, and this natural holistic approach to health is becoming more and more popular, but should NOT replace conventional medicine or prescription drugs.
It has certain therapeutic properties and the reported benefits of using it internally, in the form of a herbal tea (infusion) are listed below.
Used for the following;
And the benefits:
• stimulating white blood cells
• as an antiviral
* lymphatic system
• fever blisters
• helps healing
Which part to use for herbal tea;
The leaves, flowers and roots are used for making the brew.
Making Herbal Tea;
The standard way to make an infusion, unless otherwise specified, is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused, let it stand for 5 minutes, strain it, and drink it.
* Fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh material to be used, a 1/4 cup fresh material is used, following the method above.
* Dried material
* When the recipe refers to using dried material, use 2 teaspoons of material when making it.
* Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used, use 2 teaspoons of seeds or 1 tablespoon of bark.
* Sweetening your echinacea infusion
* You could sweeten your health drink with honey, should you so require, and a dash of fresh lemon juice may also enhance the taste.
General warning when using herbal infusions;
• Only use the herbal material if you are 100% sure that it really the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion. At maximum use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of echinacea infusion per day, except during acute periods - such as when you have a cold or flu, you can then have it three times a day, but for a maximum of 4 days.
• When you use herbal remedies, be aware that they can be extremely powerful, and should you have any side effects when taking these infusions, immediately stop using the herb and consult your health practitioner right away.Tweet
*** Our Featured Sponsors ***
Get the Energy You Need Naturally