Porcini Mushroom Soup
Creamy-Pumpkin & Mushroom ~ Super Soups
Creamy Pumpkin and Porcini Mushroom Soup
A creamy, any time of year soup.
Soup is sooooo good for the soul!
This soup recipe came to us from Glenda, in of all places, Alaska.
I'm thinking that fresh pumpkin and butternut squash might be kind of expensive up there.
But Glenda says to use the flesh from a small pumpkin or butternut squash.
A Japanese Kabocha would work well with this recipe, too.
1 lb. cubed pumpkin or butternut squash.
1 small potato.
1.5 oz. dried cepes (porcini mushrooms).
1 celery branch (w/leaves).
1 chicken bouillon cube.
1-1/2 Tbs. butter.
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
4 Tbs. heavy cream.
To Garnish the Soup:
1/2 c. heavy cream.
2 slices of bacon.
celery leaves or parsley stems.
1. Cut the pumpkin or squash, celery and potato into cubes.
Reserve the celery leaves for garnish.
2. Cover the porcini with hot water.
3. In a large casserole, melt the butter.
4. Add the pumpkin, celery.
5. Drain the mushrooms and add them to the casserole.
6. Sweat the vegetables for 5 minutes.
7. Pour in 8 c. of hot water, the bouillon cube and season with salt and pepper.
Add the potato and simmer for about 20 minutes.
The pumpkin and potato should be tender.
8. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup.
If using a blender, puree in batches.
Return the soup to the pot and keep warm while preparing the garnish.
9. Microwave or fry the bacon.
10. Whip the cream, adding a bit of salt, to soft peaks.
Pour the soup into 4 bowls.
Cut the bacon in half.
Add a dollop of the whipped cream, a bacon slice and sprinkle your creamy-pumpkin soup with the poppy seeds.
And it is here my friends, that I strongly urge you to get creative and serve your Creamy-Pumpkin & Mushroom Soup in the hollowed out mini-pumpkins pictured above.
They're so cool!
Natures Super Store
More Soup ~ Please
*** Our Featured Sponsor ***
Get the Energy You Need Naturally
~ Get Yours Today! ~