Natures Healing Herbs
Here's a description of this herb;
It's also known as gotu kola, Indian pennywort and pegaga.
The use of herbal remedies, including this herb are popular as an alternative to standard Western allopathic medicine for a variety of problems, including senility, rheumatism as well as skin conditions.
This super herb is an effective remedy for various ailments, and this natural holistic approach to health is becoming more and more popular, but should NOT replace conventional medicine or prescription drugs.
This herb has certain therapeutic properties and the reported benefits of using it internally, in the form of a herbal tea (infusion) are listed below.
Centella is used for the following;
• extra vitality
• increasing brain power
• lowering blood sugar levels
• skin conditions
• increased concentration
• poor circulation
• varicose veins
Which part to use for Centella herbal tea;
The leaves are used for making the brew.
**** PLEASE NOTE: Ingesting large quantities of this herb is not advised as it can cause headaches and may also interfere with hypoglycemic medication.
Making Herbal Tea;
The standard way to make an infusion, unless otherwise specified, is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused, let it stand for 5 minutes, strain it, and drink it.
* Fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh plant material to be used, a 1/4 c. fresh material is used, following the method above.
* Dried material
* When the recipe refers to using dried material, use 2 tsp. of material when making it.
* Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used, use 2 teaspoons of seeds or 1 Tbs. of bark.
* Sweetening your infusion
* You could sweeten your health drink with organic honey, should you want, adding a splash of fresh lemon juice will also enhance the taste.
General Warning when using herbal infusions;
• Only use the herbal material if you are 100% sure that it really the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion. At maximum use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of herbal infusion per day, except during acute periods, such as when you have a cold or flu, you can then have it three times a day, but for a maximum of 4 days.
• So, when you use herbal remedies, be aware that they can be extremely powerful, and should you have any side effects when taking these infusions, immediately stop using the herb and consult your health practitioner right away.Tweet
*** Our Featured Sponsors ***
Capture the Thunder & Capture the Power
The Purest "Certified Organic" Acai Available Today
~ Now in Convenient, Single Serving Pouches ~