Natures Healing Herbs
A brief description of the herb;
Herbal remedies using (Borago officinalis)
The use of herbal remedies, including this particular herb, classified as Borago officinalis, are popular as an alternative to standard Western allopathic medicine for a variety of problems, including helping the body to produce natural cortisone, acting as an expectorant as well as easing coughing.
It's used for the following;
Borago officinalis benefits:
• help the body to produce natural cortisone
• regulating menstruation
• oily skin
• clearing the chest
• assist to fight rheumatism
• relieving eczema
• assist with soothing irritable bowel syndrome
Which part to use for borage herbal tea;
The leaves and seeds are used for making the brew.
Making Herbal Tea;
The standard way to make an infusion, unless otherwise specified, is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused, let it stand for 5 minutes, strain it, and drink it.
* Fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh plant material to be used, a 1/4 cup fresh material is used, following the method above.
* Dried material
* When the recipe refers to using dried material, use 2 teaspoons of material when making it.
* Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used, use 2 teaspoons of seeds or 1 tablespoon of bark.
* Sweetening your borage infusion
* You could sweeten your health drink with organic honey, should you so require, add a dash of fresh lemon juice may also enhance the taste.
General warning when using herbal infusions;
• Only use the herbal material if you are 100% sure that it really the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion. At maximum use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of herbal infusion per day, except during acute periods, such as when you have a cold or flu, you can then have it three times a day, but for a maximum of 4 days.
• When you use herbal remedies, be aware that they can be extremely powerful, and should you have any side effects when taking these infusions, immediately stop using the herb and consult your health practitioner right away.Tweet
*** Our Featured Sponsors ***
At Long Last ~ Click the Pic
~ You're Worth It! ~