Natures Healing Herbs
A description of the herb;
Also known as bee balm.
The use of herbal remedies, including this particular herb (bee balm), classified as Monarda didyma, are popular as an alternative to standard Western allopathic medicine for a variety of problems, including clearing sinuses, nausea as well as coughing.
It's used for the following
Monarda didyma benefits:
• digestive problems and upsets
• colds and flu
• antiseptic and decongestant
• nasal congestion
• tight chest
• clearing sinuses
• drying up mucus
Which part of this super herb to use for herbal tea;
The leaves are used for making the brew.
Making Herbal Tea;
The standard way to make an infusion, unless otherwise specified, is to pour a cup of boiling water over the material to be infused, let it stand for 5 minutes, strain it, and drink it.
* Fresh plant material
* When the recipe refers to fresh plant material to be used, a 1/4 cup fresh material is used, following the method above.
* Dried material
* When the recipe refers to using dried material, use 2 teaspoons of material when making it.
* Bark or seeds
* Should the recipe call for bark or seeds to be used, use 2 teaspoons of seeds or 1 tablespoon of bark.
* Sweetening your infusion
* You could sweeten your health drink with honey, should you so require, and a dash of fresh lemon juice may also enhance the taste.
General warning when using herbal infusions;
• Only use the herbal material if you are 100% sure that it really the herb in question.
• If you are ill or have any health concerns, consult your health practitioner.
• Do not continuously drink the same infusion.
At maximum use for 10 days and then skip 5 days.
• Only have one cup of herbal infusion per day, except during acute periods, such as when you have a cold or flu, you can then have it three times a day, but for a maximum of 4 days.
• When you use herbal remedies, be aware that they can be extremely powerful, and should you have any side effects when taking these infusions, immediately stop using the herb and consult your health practitioner right away.
Try using this herb to fight viruses, including those that cause the flu, herpes, shingles and chicken pox.
Because of its antibiotic properties, you can also use it to treat bacterial infections in the urinary system, mouth and throat.
Bergamot can also help with a variety of skin conditions, including eczema.
The best way to use bergamot is to dilute it in massage oil and then apply this oil over the affected area.Tweet
*** Our Featured Sponsors ***
Living Longer ~ Living Younger
~ Click the Pic ~