The New Miracle Antioxidant?
Mother Nature created this natural medicine eons ago, and it's been present in our aquatic ecosystems for over a billion years.
Imagine if there were a natural substance that operated at many different biochemical levels at once, providing all the following health benefits from a single source!
• Reduces proliferation of breast cancer tumor cells by 40%.
• Protects the brain from dementia and Alzheimer's.
• Greatly reduces inflammation and joint pain.
• Reduces oxidative damage to your DNA by 40% (even at low doses).
• Greatly increases endurance, muscle recovery and workout performance.
• Reduces the risk of cancer.
• Reduces blood sugar level in diabetics and pre-diabetics.
• Improves fertility while decreasing the rate of stillborn births.
• Promotes cardiovascular health, reduces C-Reactive Proteins (CRP).
• Reduces or eliminates carpal tunnel syndrome.
• Boosts immune function and helps the body resist infections.
• Protects the stomach from ulcers and invasive bacteria.
• Protects the kidneys from damage due to high blood sugar.
• Causes cancer cells to commit suicide (apoptosis).
• Greatly improves sperm quality, motility, and sperm count.
• Prevents asthma by normalizing histamine levels.
• Protects the body from highly oxidative foods like fried foods.
In addition, this natural medicine:
• Greatly protects eye health, reduces cataracts and prevents UV damage to the eyes.
• Makes skin look younger and functions as a natural internal sunscreen that prevents DNA damage and sunburn.
• Protects the body from the dangerous oxidizing effects of Vioxx and COX-2 inhibitors, meaning that is can actually reduce the harmful side effects and deaths caused by other anti-inflammatory pharmaceuticals.
Astaxanthin is a fat-soluble carotenoid pigment that gives salmon and other seafood its pinkish orange color.
This natural medicine is found in microalgae, krill, and seafood such as salmon, trout, shrimp, and crustaceans.
It's also responsible for the beautiful pink color of flamingos’ feathers.
Like other carotenoids (e.g., beta-carotene), astaxanthin is a potent antioxidant.
Unlike most antioxidants, this natural substance is fat-soluble, meaning it gets carried by fat molecules directly to tissues and organs in your body where it can do the most good, like your retina, your brain, your breast tissue, prostate tissue, and skeletal muscles.
And the supplements have been promoted as the be-all and end-all solution for a range of health issues, including enhancing athletic performance, improving joint health and skin conditions, preventing heart diseases, and enhancing fertility.
However, only a handful of studies have examined the efficacy of this natural supplementation in humans.
So far, it appears safe and may offer some protection against oxidative stress and inflammation, and it has shown positive outcomes in relation to heart health, as concluded by a group of Australian researchers from the University of Queensland in a review published in 2009.
In a trial published in the April 2010 issue of the journal Atherosclerosis, Japanese researchers were the first to show that the supplementation of this natural medicine at doses of 12 and 18 mg/day significantly reduces triglycerides and increases HDL-cholesterol (the “good” cholesterol) in participants.
As this natural substance continues to gain public interest, we can expect to see more human clinical trials being conducted.
The Bottom Line
Astaxanthin is a carotenoid pigment that also serves as a potent antioxidant.
It is safe for human consumption and has shown promising preliminary results in research so far.
Astaxanthin, it turns out, is so good at halting free radicals that it seems to confer, miracle-class, health benefits to the human body... benefits that might be described as "anti-aging" or "reversing" disease.Tweet
*** Our Featured Adverts ***