Aronia ~ Super Fruits
The aronia berry or chokeberry is commonly used to make juice.
Along with the
cranberry, and other fruits and fruit juices, the chokeberry has several healthful properties.
A 2004 animal-modeled study showed that the antioxidant effects of chokeberry extract had a "gastro protective" effect in treating acute gastric hemorrhagic lesions in rats, suggesting it might be an effective natural treatment for severe stomach problems in humans, including ulcers.
A 2003 study has provided preliminary indication of defense against colon cancer.
If people would incorporate more fruit into their diet, and especially such high-antioxidant phenolics in fruits and fruit juices, as can be had from
chokeberries et al, they might actually obtain many of the benefits they need!
Native Americans used these berries for medicinal purposes, dyes for clothing, and for preserving meats and other foods.
Aronia berries have been proven to:
• improve circulation
• strengthen blood vessels
• suppress viruses
• act an anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic within the human body.
Juice from this super berry contains a natural blend of polyphenolic antioxidants that combat the cell-damaging free radicals created in our bodies by stress, environmental pollution, medical x-rays, and other aspects of daily living (even exercise!).
Among those antioxidants are anthocyanins, which have been shown to help fight diseases caused by oxidative stress like certain types of cancer, cardiovascular disease, chronic inflammation, and liver function.
New research though, has shown that this super fruit:
• May offer protection for human blood vessels
• Contains rich amounts of flavonoids, polyphenols, anthocyyanis and powerful anti-oxidants
• Are a strong relaxing agent of the smooth muscle found in arteries
• Play a major role in keeping the blood pressure from becoming dangerously high
• Help prevent spasms in blood vessels
• Inhibit the development of blood clots and the early process of atherosclerosis
• Are very potent in helping relax the arteries, aiding blood flow, and protecting the coronary arteries from oxidant injury
• Have twice as much antioxidant power as cranberries and four times as much as pomegranates, strawberries, goji berries, and blueberries.
• And, are five to ten times more potent than cranberries for urinary tract health
Now, that's one powerful little berry!
Aronia Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 min.
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 15 minute
Servings: 16 slices
2 c. All-purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. Butter
3/4 c. Brown Sugar
2 Eggs, Beaten
2 1/3 c. Overripe Bananas, Mashed
1 c. Superberries Fresh or Frozen
Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C).
Lightly grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
Stir in eggs, mashed bananas and Superberries fresh-frozen aroniaberries until well blended.
Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack.
Natures Super Store
Super Fruits ~ Return
*** Our Featured Adverts ***